Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
ECS SUMMER PROGRAM ASSISTANT (2)
Temporary (12 weeks), Full-Time (37.5 hrs/wk – $16/hr )
June 7, 2021 – August 27, 2021
To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and reports to the Director of Early Childhood Programming. The Summer Program Assistant (SPA), will work collaboratively with the Early Childhood Services team to develop, organize, implement and evaluate KARA’s early childhood summer program. In response to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, summer programs and services may be offered both in-person and online.
KARA’s Early Childhood Services offer programs, services, supports and referrals to families with children between the ages of birth to 12 years of age. The SPA will respectfully interact with parents, caregivers and children while delivering developmentally appropriate, strength-based programming in a safe, nonjudgmental, supportive manner.
KARA serves a diverse population of families, each with unique strengths, needs and experiences. The SPA will work with the Early Childhood Services team to create and facilitate programming that is reflective of clients’ needs while modelling positive parenting techniques and promoting the healthy development of young children.
Early Childhood Programming:
- Promote Early Childhood programming to families in the Edmonton area, with a specific emphasis on Northeast Edmonton and surrounding areas
- Promote KARA Family Resource Centre’s programs and services to the community and clients
- Assist the Early Childhood Services team to develop, organize, implement and evaluate KARA’s early childhood summer programming
- Prepare client program materials and home programming packages prior to program implementation
- Assist the Early Childhood Services team with client curbside pickup or delivery of home programming packages (if required due to pandemic)
- Participate in Agency meetings as required or requested
- All other duties as requested by the Director of Early Childhood Programming or Executive Director
- This position is funded by the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program and as such is open to all youth between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Education or experience in Early Childhood Learning, Child & Youth, Social Work or other Human Social Services field desired
- Experience working with families would be an asset
- Previous program planning and implementation for children or families an asset
- Experience delivering Early Childhood programming would be an asset
- Experience working with vulnerable children and families would be an asset
- Comfortable with facilitating engaging online virtual programs (i.e. Facebook Live, YouTube) required
- Excellent organization and communication skills required
- Proficient with ZOOM and Microsoft Teams
- Proficient with most Office 365 applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Publisher)
- First Aid Certification – Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR/AED Level B would be an asset
- Current Drivers License and own vehicle would be highly desired
- Criminal Record Check through Edmonton Police Service
- Intervention Record Check through Alberta Children’s Services
Schedule to be arranged with supervisor and may fluctuate according to program needs.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
KARA thanks all applicants for their interest however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!