Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
Receptionist Required (Perm. Part-Time/25 hrs per week): Pos#: R010
KARA Family Resource Centre is an Edmonton based non-profit organization that has been supporting children and families since 1984. We provide support, guidance and educational opportunities to families and young children that promote increased capacity for both children’s development and parenting skills / knowledge. For more information regarding our diverse programs and services, visit www.kara-frc.ca.
KARA has a strong focus on employee wellness and work / life balance. We offer supportive professional development opportunities and a compassionate team environment. This position requires a flexible work schedule that may occasionally include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the families.
Do you enjoy working with children and families? Do you work well under pressure and enjoy taking on a variety of roles? KARA Family Resource Centre has a job for you. We are looking for a friendly and outgoing team member that can multi-task, with excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Anticipated start date: September 19, 2022
Job Profile: (for a detailed position description click here)
- Able to handle multi-line phone calls and / or take messages in a proficient manner.
- Greet Visitors and Program Participants and direct them to staff or service area with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Maintain office supplies and ensures all office equipment is in good working order.
- Recording / transcribing meeting minutes and distributing to staff in a timely manner.
- Clerical and administrative support to all Staff as required. This includes but is not limited to: typing reports; letters; photocopying; participant certificates; program posters and document assembly.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Must be genuine, friendly, helpful, and self-motivated with ability to effectively communicate with both staff and clients.
- Minimum of 2 years’ clerical or reception experience.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, other language skills an asset.
- Must be proficient in current Microsoft Office 365 programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Able to type 35 wpm.
- Must be proficiency on all Social Media platforms.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of not for profit, human services would be an asset.
- Successful candidate requires completion of a current (within 30 days) Police Records Check and AB Child Intervention Record Check preceding start date.
Closing Date: August 31, 2022, or until suitable candidate has been found.
KARA values diversity and welcomes all applications. To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We are looking for Board Members
Who We are Looking For:
KARA is seeking BOARD MEMBERS who are committed to and passionate about children and their families. We are seeking individuals of diverse personal and professional backgrounds who can help govern and lead the agency to create opportunities for people to experience positive change in their lives.
We have identified the following skills needed for at least one of our current vacancies:
- Legal / Law
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Special event planning
- Contractor & Building development
KARA is currently in an opportunity to further grow and develop it’s services and supports to children, families, and the community. Board Members will provide governance in the development of new policies and strategic direction for the agency alongside the Executive Director. As such we are seeking individuals with the following knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Proven Leadership experience and abilities
- Understanding of Board Governances policies
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, proactive and progressive attitude with good professional judgement
- Work collaboratively with fellow board members and partners in the community
- Act as a spokesperson and community liaison for KARA Family Resource Center
- Promote KARA Family Resource Centre positively within our community
- Actively seek partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Attend board meetings, Annual General Meetings, and Board Committee/Special meetings as required
- Attend fundraising and special events that are hosted by KARA Family Resource Centre
- The Board meets for 1 to 1.5 hours the following months: January, February, March AGM, April, May, June, September, October, November
- Fundraising Events
- Commitment of a minimum 2-year term would be of best benefit to agency
- Intervention Record Check
- Police Information Check
- Application form to be filled out when an interview is set
Badriea Taha, Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator
Direct Line: 587-525-7430
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!