Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
RECEPTIONIST REQUIRED- F/T (37.5 hrs)
KARA has a strong focus on employee wellness and work / life balance. We offer supportive professional development opportunities and a compassionate team environment. This position requires a flexible work schedule that may occasionally include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the families.
If you enjoy working with people, work well under pressure and enjoy taking on a variety of roles, then KARA has a job for you. We are looking for a friendly and outgoing team member that can multi-task, has good time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Position start date: October 2021
- Able to handle multi-line phone calls and / or take messages in a proficient manner.
- Greet Visitors and Program Participants and direct them to staff or service area with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Maintain office supplies and ensures all office equipment is in good working order.
- Recording / transcribing meeting minutes and distributing to staff in a timely manner.
- Clerical and administrative support to all Staff as required. This includes but is not limited to: typing reports; letters; photocopying, participant certificates, program posters and document assembly.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Must be genuine, friendly, helpful and self-motivated with ability to effectively communicate with both staff and clients.
- Minimum of 2 years’ clerical or reception experience.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, other language skills an asset.
- Must be proficient in current Microsoft Office 365 programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Able to type 35 wpm.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of not for profit, human services would be an asset.
- Successful candidate requires completion of a current (within 30 days) Criminal Records Check and AB Children’s Services Intervention Record Check.
Closing Date: August 31, 2021
KARA Family Resource Centre values diversity and welcomes all applications. To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thanks all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!