Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
There are no vacancies at this time.
Board of Directors Volunteer Opportunity
- Promoting healthy development of children by empowering families.
- To provide a safe environment and programming that enhances self-esteem and independence through education, role modeling, and hands-on learning opportunities.
- As a member of the board of directors for KARA Family Resource Centre, you are an advocate for a dynamic grassroots organization in the Edmonton You will work collaboratively with fellow board members, community partners and KARA Family Resource Centre staff to promote KARA Family Resource Centre’s mission & goals and the programs and services that are offered.
- 2 years term, 2+4 hours/month.
Responsibilities: Key Tasks/Activities
- Attend monthly board meetings & annual general meetings.
- Attend fundraising events that are held by KARA Family Resource Centre.
- Assist committee chairs and members as needed.
- Work collaboratively with fellow board members & partners in the community.
- Be knowledgeable about KARA Family Resource Centre’s policies, programs & services.
- Act as a spokesperson & community liaison for KARA Family Resource Centre when required.
- Promote KARA Family Resource Centre positively within our community.
- Actively seek opportunities to partner and build strategic alliances/partnerships.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Share your expertise and skills as a leader.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain new insights and experience.
- Contribute to the well being of your community.
Preferred Skills & Qualities
- Have prior board experience (preferred, but not required).
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Possess strong communications skills.
- Possess strong networking skills.
- Strategic, long-term planner.
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, communications, social work, planning special events.
- You will be trained by fellow board members.
- You will have the opportunity to attend training sessions that are offered for board members by various organizations in Edmonton.
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- Edmonton Police Services Information Check.
- Application form to be filled out when an interview is set.
Badriea Taha, Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on KARA visit: http://www.kara-frc.ca
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!