Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
There are no vacancies at this time.
To aid childcare staff in ensuring a safe, nurturing and interactive play experience for the children.
Commitment: To Volunteer will work every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm; this ongoing position starts immediately.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Minimum 15 years of age with parent/guardian consent.
- Cultural awareness and/or experience in working with culturally diverse groups an asset.
- Experience with infant and preschool children (0-6 yrs).
- A pleasant and friendly manner.
- Have adequate health and stamina to meet the demands of working with children.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Maintain constant supervision of assigned children.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs (building is not wheelchair accessible) and sit on the floor with children.
- Ability to interact positively with children in different environments or settings.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training, accept direction and suggestions from immediate supervisor or coworkers.
- Adhere to KARA Family Resource Centre’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Perform or assist in any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor or as necessary.
Benefits of volunteering with KARA:
- Share your expertise and skills.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain new insights and experience.
- Contribute to the well being of your community.
Preferred skills and qualities:
- Mature and friendly personality.
- Ability to communicate well with parents/children.
- Effective time manager.
- Edmonton Police Services Criminal Record Check Required.
- Child Intervention Record Check Required.
Training: You will be trained by our childcare team.
Badriea Taha -Volunteer/Special Events Coordinator
Phone: 780.478.5396 Ext 239,
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!