Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Do you share our vision of promoting the healthy development of children by empowering families? Are you also passionate about the power of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector to create healthy, vibrant families?
If you share our vision and values, and have a desire to enhance the quality of life for families throughout Alberta, a career with KARA Family Resource Centre is a step towards making a positive impact.
Early Childhood Team Member (Temporary Maternity Leave Contract)
- Plan and develop Programs, Activities and Routines for preschool children (0-6 yrs) or parents and preschool children together, emphasizing social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development.
- Role model appropriate behaviour to children and parents.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Provide high quality children’s programs.
- Participate and monitor Programmed activities.
- Experience working with children (0-6yrs).
- Good communication skills
- Current First Aid and CPR Training
- Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (within 3 month)
- Cultural training/experience an asset.
This is a temporary full-time position (37.5 hrs/week). $15 per hour based on education and experience. This position requires you to work at several different programming sites therefore access to personal transportation is required. Schedule to be arranged with supervisor and may fluctuate according to program needs.
Candidates must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
Closing Date: As soon as a suitable candidate has been found. KARA thanks all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Hiring Committee | KARA Family Resource Centre
6717 – 132 Ave. Edmonton, AB T5C 2A4
To aid childcare staff in ensuring a safe, nurturing and interactive play experience for the children.
Commitment: To Volunteer will work every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm; this ongoing position starts immediately.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Minimum 15 years of age with parent/guardian consent.
- Cultural awareness and/or experience in working with culturally diverse groups an asset.
- Experience with infant and preschool children (0-6 yrs).
- A pleasant and friendly manner.
- Have adequate health and stamina to meet the demands of working with children.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Maintain constant supervision of assigned children.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs (building is not wheelchair accessible) and sit on the floor with children.
- Ability to interact positively with children in different environments or settings.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training, accept direction and suggestions from immediate supervisor or coworkers.
- Adhere to KARA Family Resource Centre’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Perform or assist in any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor or as necessary.
Benefits of volunteering with KARA:
- Share your expertise and skills.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain new insights and experience.
- Contribute to the well being of your community.
Preferred skills and qualities:
- Mature and friendly personality.
- Ability to communicate well with parents/children.
- Effective time manager.
- Edmonton Police Services Criminal Record Check Required.
- Child Intervention Record Check Required.
Training: You will be trained by our childcare team.
Badriea Taha -Volunteer/Special Events Coordinator
Phone: 780.478.5396 Ext 239,
Unable to donate your time but still want to help?
Why not make a tax-deductible charitable donation to KARA Family Resource Centre instead. It’s through your donations and support that we are able to continue offering our programs and support services to families for free. Please help KARA make a difference today!