- This programs has passed.
Parenting Across Cultures
November 8, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This 6-week program is open to everyone. It is particularly ideal for parents who may be new to Canada. It is a safe place to share and learn from each other. The group builds on what we have in common as parents, regardless of our cultural background. Those who have experience, or know of helpful resources, share with others in the group.
Topics covered in this group may include:
- – Understanding Canadian customs, laws, and other systems (health, education, etc.) that will affect your parenting
- – Maintaining your own culture while parenting children in Canada
- – Bridging between different values, beliefs, and cultures
- – Parenting styles- are they different between cultures
- – Effective problem solving and communication skills
- – Stress management for you and your children